Q1-3145 Q1-3178 ISO-3110 ISO-3124 5CT-1878 5CT-1885 7-1-1382 7-1-1381
CNC Operator – Nisku AB
Job Title: CNC Operator
Reports to: Machining Supervisor
Force Inspection Services is currently looking for a CNC Operator for our Nisku location. Reporting to the Machining Supervisor, the CNC Operator is a critical position that is responsible for safe and efficient operation of a CNC machine, customer service, quality, operational performance and efficiency in their division. The CNC Operator will work alongside the Machining Supervisor to ensure optimal shop execution. The CNC Operator will have the necessary skill set in operating equipment necessary for machining services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates CNC lathe properly to cut API and Premium connections.
- Changes and sets up cutting tools, inserts and specialized equipment.
- Performs regular preventative equipment maintenance and cleanup of equipment as per FIS policy.
- Operates tubular loading system.
- Mentors junior employees.
- Uses hand held measuring instruments to verify that all parts meet specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring safety procedures and initiatives are executed, expediting and supporting incident reporting, facilitates compliance.
- Ensures Quality Assurance in accordance to specifications / gauging threads.
- Instrument standardization.
- Maintains service reputation and customer satisfaction with proper and timely job execution.
- Review and assess asset management in the shop.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Complies with Force Inspection’s Health & Safety program and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma.
- Two to three years in a similar role in an oilfield/commercial/industrial/construction setting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Process thinker, with high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Positive approach, with willingness to do what is needed.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Be able to work with little supervision
- Superior detail orientation; values accuracy and has high standards around quality of work.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Any technical qualifications including Red Seal Journeyman Ticket, WHIMS, First Aid, are considered asset.
- Knowledge of API 5CT, 5B, 7-1 / 7-2.
Force offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits plan after 3 months of employment and an opportunity to build a solid career. Our culture is built on the quality of our workforce and a positive attitude towards continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and providing excellent customer service.