Q1-3145 Q1-3178 ISO-3110 ISO-3124 5CT-1878 5CT-1885 7-1-1382 7-1-1381
CNC Operator – Leduc
Job Title: CNC Operator
Reports to: Machining Supervisor
Reporting to the Machining Supervisor, the CNC Operator is a critical position that is responsible for safe and efficient operation of a CNC machine, customer service, quality, operational performance and efficiency in their division. The CNC Operator will work alongside the Machining Supervisor to ensure optimal shop execution. The CNC Operator will have necessary skill set in operating equipment necessary for machining services.
CNC Operator – Specific Responsibilities & Duties
- Operates CNC lathe properly to cut API and Premium connections.
- Changes and sets up cutting tools, inserts and specialized equipment.
- Performs preventative regular equipment maintenance and cleanup of equipment as per FIS policy.
- Operation of tubular loading system.
- Mentors junior employees.
- Uses hand held measuring instruments to verify that all parts meet specifications.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Adheres to all HSE and Quality policies and procedures.
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications
- High school diploma
- At least 1-3 years in a similar role in an oilfield/commercial/industrial/construction setting will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Inspection services is preferred
- Any related technical training will be considered an asset.
Candidate Profile [Non-technical skills e.g. leadership/supervisory skills, communication skills, ability to work independently, etc.]
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Eye for detail; values accuracy and has high standards around quality of work.
- Process thinker, with high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Positive approach, with willingness to do what is needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a timely and effective fashion.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Be able to work with little supervision
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be able to work shift work.