Q1-3145 Q1-3178 ISO-3110 ISO-3124 5CT-1878 5CT-1885 7-1-1382 7-1-1381
NDT Drill Pipe Inspector
Job Title: NDT Drill Pipe Inspector
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Grande Prairie
Force Inspection Services Inc. is a Non Destructive Testing Inspection and repair company that services the oil and gas industry in western Canada. Reporting to the Operations Manager, Force is currently seeking to hire four (4) NDT Drill Pipe Inspectors for our facility in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) inspections to ensure quality or to detect discontinuities (defects).
- Responsible for organizing and reporting results of assigned inspection work as well as maintaining detailed records of work performed.
- Utilizes the following methods in the inspection process: Magnetic Particle Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing, Ultrasonic Inspection, Electromagnetic Inspection (EMI), Visual Thread and Seal, Dimensional Measurements and Thread Gauging. Uses all types of measurement tools to measure associated dimensions of drill connections.
- Sets up, maintains, and calibrates hand tools, plant equipment, inspection and testing equipment as needed.
- Operates a stationary and portable EMI unit for the inspection of drill pipe and responsible for leading a crew of up to 6 people.
- Organize and reports test findings to Quality Control.
- Coordinates with contractors and client staff; communicates effectively with all parties.
- Produces and maintains punch lists as assigned.
- Mentors, trains and shares knowledge to assigned staff.
Education: Completion of a two-year or longer post-secondary science or engineering credential
Work Experience: At least 3 years of related NDT inspection experience required
Skills & Certifications:
- Level II LPI certification.
- Level II MPI certification.
- EMI certification.
- Ultrasonic End Area (UTEA) experience.
- Visual Thread Inspection of Rotary Shoulder Connections experience.
- Must have Oilfield Downhole Tool experience, proficient in BHA components and tubulars.
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent, Shift-Work
Benefits Package: Comprehensive Extended Health Care, Dental Care, Life Insurance, AD&D, Disability Insurance
Location of Work: 10301 70th Avenue, Clairmont, AB T0H 0W0
Business Address: 10301 70th Avenue, Clairmont, AB T0H 0W0
Language of Work: English (Written & Spoken)
Phone Number: (780) 532-8373
Fax Number: (780) 955-2353
Mailing Address: 7500 43rd Street, Leduc, AB, T9E 7E8