Q1-3145 Q1-3178 ISO-3110 ISO-3124 5CT-1878 5CT-1885 7-1-1382 7-1-1381
Quality Control Inspector – Clairmont, AB
Job Title: Quality Control Inspector
Reports to: Quality Manager
Force Inspection Services is looking for a Quality Control Inspector in Leduc. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the QC Inspector ensures all products meet and/or exceed customer specifications. Responsible for all quality inspection processes along with being responsible for many safety initiatives, customer satisfaction and efficiency in their division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs detailed thread inspection on all API and Premium threads for Drilling and OCTG products.
- Ensures products are within specified tolerances.
- Uses handheld measuring instruments (micrometer, caliper, thread gauges) to verify that all parts meet specifications.
- Sets up gauges for upcoming jobs.
- Documents all measurements and deviations according to our API Q1 and ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System.
- Performs routine maintenance on all measuring equipment.
- Selects appropriate inspection processes for components.
- Follows specialized inspection processes for non standard evaluation needs.
- Leads improvements in inspection techniques.
- Works with co-workers to create and qualify robust inspection processes.
- Involvement in writing and interpreting specifications for inspection processes.
- Communicates inspection issues in manufacturing processes to Quality Manager.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all activities in inspection.
- Completes NCR’s in a diligent and timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Completes process quality audits.
- Performs titration tests on Zinc and Manganese Phosphate.
- Phosphates when required.
- Applies storage compound & protectors.
- Stencils and stamps all finished product.
- Maintains clean work area.
- Reviews all documentation for completeness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with Force Inspection’s Health & Safety program and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years of proven proficiency in a similar role in a commercial/industrial/ construction setting.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Inspection services is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality in reporting.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- API & Premium thread knowledge considered an asset.
- Experience reading mechanical drawings considered an asset.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Superior detail orientation; values accuracy and has high standards around quality of work.
- Process thinker, with high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Positive approach, with willingness to do what is needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a timely and effective fashion.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Force offers an opportunity to build a solid career along with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan after 3 months of employment.